ICTP (Instructor Certification Training Program)
The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) developed the Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) as part of the accreditation process. This program ensures the uniform and consistent delivery of training using the NCCER curriculum.
Experienced teachers and craft professionals alike learn how to utilize the NCCER curriculum and the NCCER Registry. Upon successful completion, participants will be certified to teach the NCCER Craft, Safety, and/or Management Training classes in their area(s) of documented expertise.
Eligibility to become an NCCER Certified Instructor:
Individual must be approved by the ATS and possess at least one of the following:
- Experience at a minimum journey- or technician-level (at least 4 years) in the specific craft they wish to be certified to teach OR
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a certified teacher in a vocational/technical construction or maintenance-related training program in the specific craft they wish to be certified to teach.
Documentation of an Instructor’s qualifications must be reviewed, validated through appropriate follow-up with the issuer or employer and kept on file by the Sponsor Representative. Documentation must be one of the following:
- A diploma from an acceptable postsecondary institution in the specific construction field(s) to be taught/evaluated (ex. HVAC/Electrical/Welding etc.) OR
- A resume documenting actual experience in the curriculum title(s) or specific module(s) the individual intends to teach OR
- Passing score on the relevant NCCER assessment OR
- A license granted by a state in the specific construction field(s) to be taught/evaluated (ex. HVAC/ Electrical/Welding etc.) OR
- Relevant certification by a state Department of Education relevant to the specific subject/ occupation taught.
Some titles have additional instructor requirements such as Safety, Green/Sustainable etc.
DATE? – April 12, 13, 14 & 15, 2021
TIME? – 8:00AM – 4:00 PM each day
COST? – Online Attendee Price: $395.00