An online, at-your-own-pace course, powered by Penn Foster.
Course Commitment: $59.00 / 3 hours
- Goals of Training – As a result of taking this class, participants will be able to
- Understand the principles of Hot Work.
- Explain the types of activities that are classified as Hot Work.
- Explain how to keep a Hot Work site safe.
- Objectives of Training – As a result of taking this class, participants will be able to
- Identify relevant standards, regulations, and ordinances that are applicable to Hot Work.
- Describe the different forms of Hot Work.
- Describe the four-step protocol for Hot Work Safety.
- Define Hot Work hazards.
- Explain Hot Work safety team roles and responsibilities.
- Describe Hot Work permit requirements.
- Read and Understand a Hot Work Permit.
- Essential Questions – At the conclusion of the training, participants will be able to answer
- What is Hot Work?
- What are the roles of a safety team at a Hot Work site?
- What are the responsibilities of a safety team at a Hot Work site?
- What is the difference between the different Hot Work Sites?
- Who is tasked with issuing Hot Work permits.