Think about teaching for Gould Construction Institute!
We need your expertise!
GCI is seeking highly trained and skilled instructors to teach craft skills training courses to meet the demand of the construction industry and build a stronger workforce.
Not a teacher? No problem!
No teaching experience necessary. GCI will provide you with resources such as attending a class and shadowing a current GCI instructor, train-the-trainer workshops and curriculum & lesson plans.
Earn extra cash!
Teaching two nights a week will give you the personal satisfaction of giving back to your trade while earning additional income.
Join us and learn more!
Contact Mike Maloney, Instructor Liaison Director, email@example.com, to learn more about teaching with Gould Construction Institute.
We know your time is valuable!
If concerned about the commitment of time, consider teaching as a substitute instructor to get experience and understand what is involved.
INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
ELEVEN CONVENIENT LOCATIONS:
- Provide quality teaching instruction in given trade to adult learners.
- Prepare teaching materials for class instruction.
- Provide classroom and hands-on instruction (where applicable) of trade specific skills.
- Grade and assess students on the material taught.
- Administer NCCER curriculum for given trades.
- Communicate regularly with the President and or/Instructor Liaison about any and all class issues that may develop.
- Demonstrative effective teaching techniques that promote successful learning.
- Maintain professionalism in the classroom.
- High school diploma.
- Experience at a minimum journey level in his/her area of expertise (four years) minimum.
- Resume documenting actual experience in area of expertise is required.
- Knowledge of construction safety is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Effective facilitation and teaching skills.
- Pass a CORI/SORI background check.
- Part-time as courses are scheduled at various times.
- Compensation based on experience.